Update Your Summer Face Moisturizer
As temperatures and humidity levels begin to rise, everyone is encouraged to switching your moisturizer to replenish your skin’s moisture without causing it to shine like the summer sun.
The following selection of gel-like moisturizers will supply you with a seamless transition into summer, for happier and healthier skin from June through September.
- Tatcha the Water Cream: Like all Tatcha products, the Water Cream is developed from geisha rituals dating back hundreds of years, in which they used such creams to create a canvas for their heavy makeup. Made with Japanese wild rose and leopard lily, as well as Japanese beauty staples such as green tea, rice, and algae, the moisture practically melts into the skin. The ultra-hydrating effects will leave your skin dewy, but not greasy, for a radiant complexion all summer long. ($68)
- Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Cooling Gel: Spending too much time in the sun is all fun and games until you see the toll it’s taken on your skin. Let this ice-blue gel soothe the face with its cooling effects as it shields it from the stresses of summer neglect. Plus, the matte finish is great for those with oilier skin, so you can remain shine-free on even the most humid of days. ($48)
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream: We are big fans of hyaluronic acid, and so when we come across a moisturizer with 30 percent, its pretty hard to pass up. This face cream is intensely hydrating, but we were more obsessed with its tightening and uplifting capabilities. A must-have summer cream! ($52)
- Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Velvet Luminescence Moisturizing Cream: This cream is another great choice for shine-prone skin and will leave your face softer and brighter than before. We also love its partner in crime, the Hydra Sparkling Moisturizing and Embellishing Foam Mask, an ultra-airy foam that, when used overnight two to three times per week, will give you that sort of je ne sais quoi sparkle. ($60)
- Algenist Splash Absolute Hydration Replenishing Gel Moisturizer: Drink up, because this moisturizer packs some serious hydration. Made for all skin types, it is even great for hormonal acne and redness-prone skin. After one week of use, you might be ordering another jar. We sure were sold. ($58)
- L'Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care: This is another matte-finish, gel-like moisturizer that will make humid summer days somewhat more bearable. Oh, and the price tag isn’t so bad, either! It contains aloe water, so that, even after a day in the sun, you can feel refreshed and cool. We also recommend trying the Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care for Extra Dry Skin, which is perfect when used as a night cream to add a little extra moisture to sun-dried skin. ($18)
- Vichy Minéral 89: This gel-based face moisturizer is made up of 89 percent mineralizing thermal water to help strengthen and protect the skin. It applies like a serum, yet is moisturizing enough keep your skin hydrated and healthy all summer long. For dryer skin, we recommend using a heavier-duty cream, as it will act as a barrier against environmental aggressors. ($30)
- Estée Lauder DayWear Matte Oil-Control Anti-Oxidant Moisture Gel Creme: Tortured by your T-zone? Estée Lauder to the rescue. New to their extensive collection of creams is this lightweight, mattifying moisturizer that works to minimize shine and maximize hydration. It will leave your skin feeling fresh for all-day wear so you can ditch those oil blotters with ease. We sure did! ($54)
- Darphin Hydraskin Light Gel Cream: Not only does it smell blissful, but this gel cream delivers some pretty fantastic results. It is light and refreshing, with maximum hydration for dull and dry skin. And, if you have sensitive skin, the Butterfly Lavender will help to soothe and cool the face. It is perfect if you’re looking for the deep moisture of a cream without the heaviness. J'adore Darphin. ($62)